What is this Returning Former Filipinos Visa?
This visa may be applied by a natural born citizen of the Philippines, who has been naturalized in a foreign country, and is returning to the Philippines for permanent residence, including his/her spouse and minor children, shall be considered a non-quota immigrant for purposes of entering the Philippines.
Will I lose my permanent residence in the Philippines when I leave the country without a re-entry permit?
Yes, you will lose your permanent status as a Philippine resident. However, you may re-acquire your resident status.
If I will be accompanied by my family, will they be covered by the same visa?
No, said visa is a personal privilege. However, your family may apply for the same visa if they had been previously a permanent resident of the Philippines.
Can I apply for visa when I am overseas?
Yes, you may file your application at the Philippine Embassy or Consulate Office at the place nearest your legal residence.
What are the benefits of a Returning Former Filipino Visa?
Under Sec 13 of the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940, as amended, a returning former Filipino is granted the following rights:
- ???He/she is allowed to stay indefinitely in the Philippines.
- He/she can establish a business.
- He/she can invest in shares of stock.
- He/she may form an association and corporation.
- He/she has the right of access to the courts.
- He/she is allowed to work without securing an alien employment permit.
- He/she may leave private lands or purchase a condominium.
- He/she may purchase an automobile.
On the other hand, he is subject to the following:
- He/she is required to respect and obey the laws of the Philippines.
- He/she is required to register at the Bureau.
- He/she shall inform the Bureau, at all times, of any change of residential or domiciliary address.
He/she is subject to income tax.
How long will it take for me to get my Permanent Resident status?
Processing of the Returning Filipinos visa usually takes forty (40) days, depending on the volume of applicants and provided that all the documentary requirements you submitted are complete.